- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 (3/4-inch-thick) bakery bread slices, toasted
- 3 cups firmly packed arugula
- 12 thick bacon slices, cooked
1. Combine tomatoes and next 5 ingredients and 2 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar in a small bowl.
2. Add water to depth of 3 inches in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and maintain at a light simmer. Add remaining 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar. Break eggs, and slip into water, 1 at a time, as close as possible to surface. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon. Trim edges, if desired.
3. Spread mayonnaise on 1 side of each bread slice. Layer each with 1/2 cup arugula, 2 bacon slices, and 1 egg. Top with tomato mixture.