Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

I'm finally starting my "dining with deb" blog. I'll give you recipes, ideas depending on the week and the craving. I love to cook, I love to eat and I love to feed my friends and family. I go by feel and never measure. I think cooking and dining are all about the feeling, the love and technique.

We had a delicious Christmas Eve dinner with the Meduri family; a small intimate gathering of 14 (smaller group than usual). We had perfectly cooked fillets straight off the bbq (Jay style), yummy veggies by Lara, twice baked and loaded potato's by Deb J. and homemade desserts by Debbie Lynn. All delicious, all yummy!

Twice baked potato recipe by Deb J follows:

Bake large russet potato's
scoop out potato meat into a bowl
add butter, mayo and sour cream
(I didn't say they were lowfat)
add salt and pepper to taste
mix in shredded mexican cheese mix
scoop back into the potato halves
top with cheese
And, bake in the oven until bubbly and hot.
Heaven!

Back to my yogurt.

fat & happy
deb

1 comment: